November 1, 2009

Bono inspired Jay-Z?

Taken from Sindh Today:

(note: I am not sure how accurate this is; I've never seen this site before)

London, Nov 1 (IANS) American hip hop artist Jay-Z has confessed he used to be a “horrible” performer and had to study U2 singer Bono to learn onstage tactics.

“I used to be a horrible performer. I was terrible, because I’m not really an animated guy and really move around, so I had to figure out a way how to convey my message and talk to people in compact movements, all the while, being entertaining,” contactmusic.com quoted Jay-Z as saying.

“There is a very thin line between not moving and being boring… He (Bono) doesn’t move around, he’s just a powerful performer. He knows how to exaggerate his movements. He knows how to have that conversation, without moving around much. I don’t know if he moves… anywhere. He’s a dynamic performer,” added Jay-Z.
[LM1]

No comments:

Post a Comment