November 29, 2009

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Blog Me

Enjoy the following post on its original site here.

U2 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me…and C.S. Lewis

Published by Rich at 10:50 am under Creative, Theology, music
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill MeImage via Wikipedia


So I was doing a bit of research for new tunes for The Forefront to play and I ended up listening to “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me,” the old Batman Forever Theme song. Now I know that for most U2 aficionados, this is not the pinnacle of U2 greatness. However from a musical standpoint, I absolutely love the melody and the development of the song. It has a hook and killin’ chorus. That being said I started watching it and I notice one seen where the animate U2 band is walking down the street while Batman is chasing some villains. The rest of the band gets out of the way but Bono does not make it as he is reading a book. The Villains’ car hits him and he lands on a pile of rubble with the book next to him with the title showing. I couldn’t quite read it so I I thought I would freeze the video to see. Watch the video first and see if you can catch it, then scroll down!
Gift bag release cover (U.S.Image via Wikipedia


____________________________


THE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9YQ7t8NCM4

____________________________
And the book was…


The Screwtape Letters

C. S. Lewis’ “The Screwtape Letters.”
Floored me! Now how many of you U2 elitists will reconsider the song?

Tags: Batman Forever, Bono, C.S. Lewis, Screwtape Letters, U2

No comments:

Post a Comment