March 13, 2010

U2 Producer on American Idol?

Simon Cowell at the National Television Awards...Image via Wikipedia

Found this interesting idea on RTT News.com. To me, it'd be strange to have a degree of separation between U2 and American Idol...but, if you want someone with credibility in the music world to replace the departing Simon Cowell, then he very well could be that person.

-----------

U2, Morrissey Producer Wants To Replace Cowell On American Idol

3/12/2010 2:34 PM ET




(RTTNews) - English producer Steve Lillywhite has announced that he would like to replace American Idol judge Simon Cowell, who will not be returning to the show next year.

The MorriseyRolling Stones and U2 producer, who is currently working on Evanescence's new album, told Billboard that he is the best option to "help America find the next Elvis Presley." 



He said, "I think I have the right credentials. I'm quite effervescent. I'm quite opinionated. I'm funny. I can do this job." 

Lillywhite has even released a video on YouTube pleading his case. He also noted that, while he often agreed with Cowell's opinions, "The difference between me and Simon is my view of what the star could be is slightly broader than his."

Other rumored replacements for Cowell have included Piers Morgan andNoel Gallagher.

by RTT Staff Writer

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment