July 7, 2009

Bono is missing?

This was too good to pass up. I apologize for the sensational/stupid title, but I found this online:

Source: Trinidad & Tabago Express

------

Owner worried: parrot Bono missing


A parrot named Bono has disappeared and its owner, Laura Ramrattan, has promised to leave no stone unturned until she is reunited with her best friend.

Ramrattan, 24, has knocked on the front door of almost every home at Reform Village, Gasparillo, where she lives.

She has distributed posters with a picture of Bono and has even gone into a nearby bamboo plantation in search of her pet parrot.

"You see I have had Bono since I was going to school and we became very attached so I want to know that he is safe. I don't want anything to happen to him," she said on the brink of tears.

Ramrattan said her mother surprised her with the baby parrot eight years ago. "My mom knew I wanted a parrot and when her friend called and said she had a baby parrot for sale my mom went and bought it for me. He had a few feathers and was really small. But I nurtured him and cared for him and he grew up really healthy," she said.

Ramrattan said last week Sunday, she allowed Bono to climb out of his cage and when she returned to feed him the following morning he was gone. "He would usually go by my aunt a few houses away because she has fruit trees and come back, but he didn't. I checked everywhere and I don't know what to do again," she said.

Ramrattan has also offered a reward to anyone who has information on Bono's whereabouts.

"I will give you something in return, please bring my pet parrot if you know where he is," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment